Saturday, May 7, 2011

Counting my blessings...

I am counting my blessings everyday... i can't even explain how thankful i am for all the blessings i have been given. I have had a bit of bad luck lately but i feel like i am unable to dwell on it because of all of the blessings we have. Cletes truck broke down right after he and my kids got home from visiting me. It cost $1000.00 to fix... then our well went out and it turns out it was only a switch which saved us tons of money. Also thanks to Greg Wade who came out late at night to check it out! Last but not least... Shayda ended up in the E.R. last night with a bad kidney infection. It must have been bad for Clete to take her to the hospital. I feel so bad that I wasn't with her, but her daddy is the best we could ask for. He handled it like a champ... and she feels much better now. I know that with all the bad luck i could be focusing on that instead of all the good things, but being in the nicu everyday with Whit has taught me that things could be so much worse. I don't know how some people handle all the horrible things that happen to their sweet babies. I am so lucky to have such a healthy baby boy and such wonderful people in my life to help me through everything. I don't know what would happen without them.

Whit is doing so great... His little heart is healing itself... so the episodes have decreased significantly. He is also missing some leads in his left ear which may affect is hearing, but they still have time to form. His right ear is perfect. He is eating so much better and even has his feeding tube out for now. If he can keep it up then he can come home next week yay! I am so thankful for everything i have. I am going to try to remember how lucky i am. I love my family so much and I am so thankful for everything!

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

You are so awesome! Doesn't it seem like everything always hits at once, but then you look around you and decide you still have it pretty good. It would be great if Whit could come home next week, we'll keep praying!

Jenna said...

My goodness Dee...when it rains, it pours! I admire your good attitude! Happy Mother's Day! You're a great one. Hang in there! Love your guts.