Monday, January 31, 2011

Big Movie Birthday Party!!









This was the treat table!
Here is the entrance to the town hall theatre
A closer look at the stars of the show!
I found these cute hollywood stars and let Shayda write her own name.. so cute!
Here is a view of the huge movie screen
Justice and one of his many presents
Shayda was so spoiled... she loves this umbrella that her bestie Mary got her
more presents
a few of the kids
Justice and his new saddle
Shayda and her new saddle
my movie cake
Justice blowin out his candles
Shayda workin on her candles...


Happy Happy Birthday to my sweet Shayda who turned the big 5 and to Justice who turned 2 both in January!! I know that many people have thought that I might go over board when it comes to their birthdays but I figure that their birthdays are so close together and there is not much to do in the winter so why not do something fun for everyone right??? Besides... if you know me very well then you know that I am quite cheap so it would have to be affordable... and it was believe it or not. Holden town owns a huge movie screen that I was able to rent from them. The cost of the movie screen was as affordable as renting the swim pool or anything else that we would have done in the winter. I also saved money by making my own decorations, and cake and ordering a few things like the invites, and the hollywood stars and the popcorn bags from oriental trading. We didn't do any food this time but we did have popcorn and movie theatre treats, pop, ice cream and cake... Yes it was a sugar high night!!! We had so much fun... we had so many friends and family there. The kids were so spoiled with so many presents from them. A big thank you to all who came and enjoyed this fun night with us... and for the wonderful gifts that my kids recieved! We got a saddle for Shayda that was going to be for Christmas but we didnt have all the extras that are on it ready in time so we decided to give it to her for her birthday and Justice got Shayda's old saddle that she has basically grown out of. Shayda looks mad in her picture because she was embarrassed...( I can't believe I have a child old enough to be embarassed by her parents haha) Justice loved it of course... he has not gotten off of it since he got it! We showed the movie "How to train your dragon"... Justice was scared of it at first and then decided to shoot the dragon with a gun he got. Shayda thought it was great but I think that she was more entertained by her cute little friends and all the ideas they had to play with the gifts she had gotten. They may have not been totally entertained by the movie but all in all they felt special and thats all that matters to me. I love my cute kids and I am so proud to be their mom! Happy Birthday my babies!

5 comments:

Janae said...

WOW! You are so creative! It looks like a fun time!

Jenna said...

My kiddos had a blast. It was "the best day of Kaden's life!"

Mindy Stephenson said...

Mary had a great time. It was a great party!!!!

Susanna said...

Are you a party planner on the side too?? I love the cake you made, such a cute idea! It looks like your little birthday kiddos had a blast!

The Jones Family said...

I just linked to your blog from Mindy's comments. Yep, I'm a big old stalker. Awesome movie party! It looks like you guys had a blast. Send me your e-mail address and I'll sen you an invite to our blog. Kody made me go private so it's kind of a pain. Cops, they're so paranoid!!! :)
-April
ps- hehe, the word I have to type to submit this is prophole, I don't know why, but I think that's funny!