Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My husband... My hero

These last couple of days have been extremely hard on our family, and many others as well. I was awaken around 2a.m. by Clete's cell phone ringing. He answered it, and was told the devistating news about our friend, and Clete's fellow deputy Josie. He was then told to get out on the road to search for the killer. I was scared to death, and as you can imagine did not sleep after that. I felt like I was in shock, how could this happen in our small communitie, and to one of my friends. And on top of that I was supposed to allow my husband to go out to risk his life to find this guy... this guy that just killed a cop... a guy that now had nothing to lose. I sat up praying that there was a mistake, and that Josie would be ok, and that Clete would return home safetly. I can't tell you how sorry I am for this brave womans family... I am just sick about it... and possibly still in shock. Josie was one of my friends whom I babysat for growing up. I babysat Hunter until she was three years old when they moved away. When she moved back, and became a deputy, I remember thinking that she was the perfect woman for the job. She was always so strong, and so brave. Josie... you will be missed! Your death will not be in vain...
I just have to say that sometimes we take things for granted. We believe that something like this would never happen to us. We think our little town is so safe, and that our husbands or wives will return home safetly every day. I for one was one of these people. My husband is my hero because he risks his life every day for all of us who are sleeping so soundly because of them. I get so tired of hereing how people hate the cops because they pulled them over. No one ever thanks them for keeping them safe, and risking their lives. These deputies all have families that they have to come home to. It is just heartbreaking that something this tragic had to happen for us to remember this. I am so appreciative of all of my friends who have kept Clete, and the many other deputies in their prayers over the past couple of days. We have recieved multiple calls, emails, etc. from our wonderful friends. Without these deputies it would be a scary world... so remember to thank them for their service. As my sister said... My husband, and my brother Jordon are fighting for us everyday... maybe in different ways, but they are both Hero's in my mind. I love you Clete! Please keep all of the deputies, and the family of Josie in your prayers... they need them.
Sorry for such a rant, but I am just feeling so much saddness right now, and I just had to let it all out.

3 comments:

mike and annie reed said...

Cassa....what a horrible tragedy this is. My heart goes out to you. I am so happy that Clete is safe and that you and your family are healthy and safe. Love you tons and continue to pray for you and yours.

The Stanworths said...

Cassa we love you!!! and I thank you always even if I dont say it outloud...for letting your wonderful husband keep us safe! Without our Police officers we would not be safe!!! Thank you so very much!!!

Susanna said...

Dee, I've been thinking about you guys a lot. I thought about calling too to see if you were OK, but figured your phone would be ringing off the hook. Thank heavens for police officers (and our servicemen) for keeping us safe! Josie was such a fun, strong person; I remember her from babysitting days too and she was always so happy and energetic. Such a tragedy!! Love you guys and I'm glad they caught the guys!!