Friday, August 5, 2011

Ronald Mcdonald House.....

When baby Whit was in primary children's hospital we stayed at the Ronald Mcdonald house for a couple of days. It is a place where parents and family of sick children can stay for little to no cost. I paid 15$ a day and it was such a great place. It included a private room with a bathroom, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and snacks at any time of the day. They also had a private pump room for those of us with babies that were in the hospital and wanted to keep our milk. They had t.v rooms and family visiting rooms, and everything is donated. I have never felt so touched by so many great people. While Whit was in the hospital I remember feeling so thankful for everything that I have. I want to always remember feeling this way because it grounded me.... I couldn't help feeling like I was the luckiest person in the world (even though my baby was in the hospital) because it could have been so much worse... and I had so many people supporting me and my family and praying for us as well. We didn't stay at the house for long because my dad lives in Salt Lake and was nice enough to let me stay with him, and I felt that there were people that needed to stay in my place. It is such a great charity, and I really want to help them. I found out while I was staying there that they pay some of their bills with the donated pop tops that they receive. I have been saving them for awhile, and I would like to bring them up to them when I get a chance. I would love to get as many as I can... and anything else that anyone would like to donate to either Ronald Mcdonald house or primary childrens. I know that the NICU takes donations as well. It was a really scary time for our family but an eye opening time as well. We got to go home with a happy and healthy baby and I am so thankful for that... but others did not. I would like to do what I can for them... and I hope you will all help too!

No comments: